Tuesday, January 3, 2012

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 7: Photo at Night

This is the good old Main Street, Brockport.  I just love it when they light up the trees for the holiday, it has that great old town feel.  One of my favorite things to do when I'm stressed about college or I just need to unwind is to shop the shops down these two streets and then make a final stop at Java's and enjoy a nice cup of joe across the table of a close friend :)  I'm all for supporting small buisnesses, though I myself am a broke college kid and starving artist and can't do much but window shop.  I hope to someday own a shop on some Main Street for people to stop in.  I feel like in here, in a little town's main street, when the sense of community and entrepreneurship is at it's height, when you know everybody and their dogs name and you get a "friendly discount," that "work" wouldn't really seem like a job at all.
Sigh... Someday.

P.S. - Yes, the light is green, but I made sure to look both ways before I crossed ;)

-Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Nice image! A woman had a photography studio on Main Street in Brockport for many, many years before retiring around 2006. She did all of our (my sisters and I) senior pictures. Her studio was next to the Strand. I think a hair salon is there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw how cool!I don't remember that, but it's good to know you can "make it" on main st! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cath, great picture and description. The woman Heidi spoke of is Helen Simpson. She did great work and seemed to love her "job" much as you describe. Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete