Wednesday, January 18, 2012

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 22: Photo with DOF

You may be a little confused on what to think while looking at this photo.  Trust me, this photo just makes me want to have cinnamon rolls - weird. BUT, I must explain myself.  This a photo using DOF- Depth of Field.  This was one of my first photography techy words I learned, so my family is very familiar as to what this is as I gave them Photography 101 on this any time I saw and example of this.  This just means that the foreground is in focus and that the background is far away and blurry, therefore creating a depth of field. (Got it, Mom?)

And what is that out of focus blob in the background? The Niagara Falls of course!  Cal and I went over to the Canadian side to look at this mighty river.  NY just didn't cut it for this photographer ;) No, we just were curious on Canada's spin on this huge mass of water and plus it was Cal's first time out of the country!

Here a bit better picture of the falls, ay?
So after driving half the day, battling the Canadian winter (it got a few degrees colder as soon as we passed the border), and doing a shift at work tonight, I am one tired pup. *Yawn* Night all.


-Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you're at Niagara Falls & you're like, "Oh look at this nice curvy fence! Who cares about falls!" =P

    ReplyDelete