Thursday, January 12, 2012

30 Day Photography Challenge ~ Day 16: Photo from Back

So I did something astronomical today. I went for a run.  Why such a big deal, you ask?
Well I never was a sports person. All through high-school I was the one who would work on art homework rather than play recreational dodge-ball.  Not only did dodge-ball hurt, I just really don't get the sense of competition that would drive some guys literally insane.
But, I did take up running. Keyword: did.  My mom and I would get up at 6:30 in the am and head out for our 2 mi. morning run.  I HATED having to get up, go out in the cold, and well didn't especially love running either.  But I felt great about myself afterwards, and that I guess was enough to motivate me to get up even before the sun thought it was a good idea. I then got arthritis in my foot and well, that honestly got me a way out. I pick it up every once in a blue moon, but I am just what you'd call a 'recreational runner.'

But here I am on a cold, wet, and nasty morning, and hey, I feel great!

-Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment